Monsignor Hawes Heritage Centre

Monsignor Hawes Heritage Centre

Crothers Construction Pty Ltd

2015 – 2016

Geraldton WA

$0.6m

The Cathedral began on 20 June 1916. The first phase ended with the construction of the nave and the twin towers, topped by two domes, and was completed in 1918.

Project was tendered in May 2015.

  • Project was then broken down and section 2A, 2B & 2C were awarded in September 2015.
  • The works associated with 2A incorporated the new café and museum. This included the new site switchboard, new mains and submains, new building switchboard, underground services/pits, building & area lighting controlled by a Philips DYNA light control system, power, communication & fire detection system.
  • The works associated with Stage 2B incorporated the existing Cathedral This included new fire rated submains, new building switchboard, underground services/pits, building & area lighting controlled by a Philips DYNA light control system, power, communication & integration to the existing fire detection system.
  • The works associated with Stage 3 where deferred and completed by others.

This was a challenging project due to the builder and the buildings age. All works were completed on time and received numerous building awards from the MBA.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.