30 May Blue Bird Camp HV Power Upgrade
Westgold Resources Limited
Blue Bird Gold Mine
- Upgrade power supply from 2 x 1250kVA generators power the camp via a 415/6.6kV step up transformer due to the mine power station having limited supply.
- Install new 11kV MCB, new 11/6.6kV step down transformer and new NER, complete with new HV feed, control and junction box to cross over the existing 25mm2 XLPE/PVC 11kV camp feed.
- Project tendered after 2 x site visits on the 3/09/2019 started in October and completed 17 April 2020.
- Additional work carried out to avoid any delay in getting the power on. Shutdown work was completed in less time than allocated.
- Plus, our staff who carried out the work with no issues or safety concerns.
- Client extremely happy with the outcome.